CFA (Country Fire Authority) is a volunteer and community based fire and emergency services organisation.
CFA provides statewide fire and related emergency coordination
- Wildfire suppression
- Structural fire suppression
- Transport-related fire suppression
- Road rescue
- Technical rescue, such as high angle, trench and mine operations
- Hazardous materials transportation and storage incidents
- Working with Forestry industry brigades
- Other emergency activities including flood assistance.
CFA is also involved in a range of non-emergency activities
- Community awareness, education and safety programs
- Fire safety input planning for major community risks
- Fire prevention and planning
- Land use planning advice at municipal level
- Technical services including building code-related inspections, post incident analysis and fire investigation.
- Vegetation Management
- Planned Burning
- Sustainable Fire Management