Otways Loft is curious mix of tree-house, vintage train, raw and recycled materials, set in a rambling adventure garden.
The house is an an eclectic construction built on a framework of tree poles in a triangular patten. In parts its 3 storeys high. The interior is a mixture of parts from an old train carriage, locally felled timber, materials from a nearby church and other reclaimed bits and pieces.
The property is definitely one-of-a kind and memorable. It can accomodate up to 8 people with 3 bedrooms and one loft area. Rustic with a cabin like feel, its suprsingly well appointed.
Special features include :
- Sleeps up to 8
- Linen & towels. Beds made up on arrival
- Free standing claw foot bath in master bedroom
- Newly renovated bathroom
- Wood fired heater with wood supply included
- Air con/split system in lounge room
- Evaporative cooling in both second storey bedrooms
- Washing machine and dryer
- Full kitchen with Ilvie gas oven and stove, microwave.
- Italian style stovetop coffee maker and French press (plunger)
- Basic provisions like olive oil, spices, tea, coffee, cling-wrap, dishwasher tablets etc
- Main bathroom with shower and toilet, hand sink. Second upstairs loo with little hand-sink.
- Lush garden
- Playground fort with swings for children.
- 2 adult mountain bikes available for use. Helmets.
*The train carriage next door is also available for holiday rental.
The two properties can be rented together for larger groups. Together the properties can sleep up to 14 guests (but ideal for a total of 10-12).