Steam is a Victorian era train carriage converted to a 3 bedroom holiday house.
The train is ideal for 2 to 4 people, but can sleep six.
The carriage was used as a workshop, when the original owner was building the house next door. When we started renovating, the carriage did not have enough intact to restore it, so we have developed our own style that is vaguely steam-punk influenced.
It too nine months to renovate the train from a pretty ragged start. Almost every surface had to have something done to it, and we found that carriages were really tightly put together (all that rattling) and hard to pull apart. When we did get panels off, we had no idea what we would find. We completely stripped and rewired the electrical, and did plumbing from scratch. Renovating anything over 90 years will have its challenges, but this was exceptional.
Special features include :
– 3 Bedrooms. Two in a single compartment with a double compartment master bed room. Two queen beds, two thin singles.
– Can sleep 6 but we think 2-4 is more comfortable.
– Full linen service. Beds made up on arrival
– Open plan kitchen/living room
– Wood fire box heater with wood supply included
– Full small kitchen with stove, oven, sink, fridge and cupboards
– Italian Stove top coffee maker and French Press (plunger)
– Basic provisions like olive oil, spices, tea, coffee, Vegemite and Glad Wrap
-2 adult mountain bikes suitable for trail riding. Helmets.
– Pets and children welcome. The yard is fenced but a clever dog could easily escape.
NO TV. There is a blue tooth speaker books and board games. The carriage does not have a washing machine nor dryer.
Steam Carriage In The Otways – https://www.dufflebird.com.au/en/787163/otways-loft
The two properties can be rented together for larger groups. Together the properties can sleep up to 14 guests (but ideal for a total of 10-12).