“Forrest Gateway to the Otways: Collaborative Research and Interactive Learning Facility and Place of Refuge” is a long-term strategy of the Forrest and District Community, bringing a community-led approach to adapting to climate change. Forrest Gateway to the Otways: Assessing Feasibility, Building Collaboration (“the Project:”) is funded by the Victorian State Government’s Virtual Centre for Climate Change Innovation Grants 2018 (VCCCI) via the Department of Environment, Water Land and Planning (DELWP). The project will provide seed funding for the feasibility studies to develop the business model for a collaborative research and interactive learning facility that also provides a fire refuge. With pilot research projects that bring together stakeholders and community outreach, this project and the site aims to be the basis for community-led climate change adaptation across the region and Victoria.
The Project Manager will provide operational oversight for the full implementation of the Project. Moreover, it will be a strategic role liaising with key stakeholders (including but not limited to the community, community groups, funders, consultants, collaborators and partners) and providing vision for the future longer term strategy of creating a Forrest Gateway to the Otways.
The project manager will have:
- At least 5 years relevant work experience preferably in the community development and or environmental causes.
- Experience in project management, preferably with State or Federal government projects.
- Experience in consulting or managing consultants from a range of disciplines.
- Experience in research and research institutions, preferably in community development contexts.
- Experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Strong written communication and report writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to travel around the district, Otways and across Victoria on ad hoc basis.
- Post graduate qualifications in community development, climate change, social research, business management and or related fields.
Applications close July 22nd, so be quick!
For further enquiries, please contact email@example.com.
For more details, see the Position Description – Project Manager